Job Announcement: Resources Development Associate (PT)
Alternate ROOTS (ROOTS) is a 36-year-old, award winning, nationally recognized arts network organization providing programs and services for activist artists in the South. Alternate ROOTS was founded in 1976 with a mission to support the creation and presentation of original art in all its forms that is rooted in a community of place, tradition or spirit. Now serving more than three hundred fifty artists, arts administrators, cultural workers and cultural organizers annually, ROOTS’ region of influence spans the fourteen states that defines the South, those states that historically fell below the Mason/Dixon line.
Job Title: Part-Time Resources Development Associate
Salary Range: $18,000
Application deadline: June 29, 2012
Position Start Date: Immediately
Location: Metro Atlanta Residents encouraged to apply.
Position Description: ROOTS seeks to hire a part-time associate who, at the direction of the Resources Development Director, will manage individual giving campaigns (two per year), conduct initial grant and marketing research, handle donor thank you letters, maintain grant files, coordinate marketing efforts for our affinity program—Friends, Fans, and Families—including social media, coordinate merchandising for the Annual Meeting, and provide support for special events.
This position plays a key role in the organization’s ability to manifest its mission at the highest level.
Serving as the administrative foundation for the resources department, key duties include;
- Assume planning and execution of annual individual donor campaigns
- Coordinate marketing campaigns for the organization’s affinity program
- Schedule Marketing Innovation Ensemble meetings, attend meetings and maintain records
- Provide research and administrative support for special events as needed
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date donor/grant files and records
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date grants calendar
- Thank all donors in a timely manner
- Conduct periodic grant and marketing opportunities research
- Research, organize, and order merchandising efforts for programs as required
- Attend and provide staff support for the Annual Meetings
- Other duties as needed and required
How to Apply: By June 29, 2012, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume by email to: email@example.com. Finalists will be asked to submit three references.
Alternate ROOTS is an equal employment opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age or disability.
|Devo-Mktg Job Desc Final.pdf||112.76 KB|