View the full version of the current Artists Roster here
In 2014, the Presenting Subsidies Program
, formerly known as the Tour & Residency Program, will transition into a new phase. The Tour & Residency Program has been one of ROOTS’ longest running programs, and many of the wonderful core elements of the program will carry over to the Presenting Subsidies Program. However, after a 12-month evaluation period including ROOTS members, staff, and conversations with participating artists, we are making adjustments to the program in order to have greater impact within our current organizational resources. We also want to extend our reach to touch as many artists across the ROOTS region as possible. Here’s what you need to know:
- The name has changed to the Presenting Subsidies Program because we feel it better reflects the nature of the work we are supporting and promoting.
- In 2014, there will be only one round of applications, currently slotted for the fall (deadline TBA).
- We have a strong commitment to increase applications for this opportunity from a broad cross section of membership and new presenters. We are especially interested to increase our connections with local community organizations wishing to present new artists within their community. As such, we will dedicate funds in the 2014 round for new members and presenters who have never received funding through this program. Further, we will have a separate pool of support for members and presenters who have previously received support.
- There will be a new Artists Roster printed in the fall, which will be a new combined publication that also highlights other organizational funded projects and partnerships.
- The changes we implemented in fall 2013 will remain intact: member artists as well as presenters can submit applications and matching funds are no longer a requirement.
The staff liaison to the Presenting Subsidies Program is Ashley Walden Davis, email@example.com, 404-577-1079.