We are NO LONGER ACCEPTING applications for fiscal sponsorship. Please check in again at a later date. Thank you.
Alternate ROOTS appreciates your interest in applying for fiscal sponsorship. All applications will be thoroughly reviewed by our staff, and must be approved by our Executive Committee. Please review the guidelines below, and allow 30 days for evaluation and completion of the application process.
- The applicant/project leader must be a voting or satellite member of Alternate ROOTS in good standing (dues are current and paid in full).
- ROOTS Executive Committee must approve all fiscal sponsorship arrangements, evaluating the project for consistency with the ROOTS mission and determining whether there are any real or perceived conflicts of interest, and also for administrative capacity.
- All grant funds and/or donations will be addressed to and received by ROOTS and held in a bank account designated for fiscal sponsorship funds. Funds will be disbursed to the sponsored organization by written request from the organization.
- ROOTS will charge a fee of 5 – 8% of donations received to cover the costs of administering the fiscal sponsorship. Fees for services such as Paypal, bank service charges and other expenses will be charged to the fiscal sponsored organization based on usage.
- All fiscal sponsorship contracts will be for one year, with both parties having the option to renew annually.
- Alternate ROOTS should be acknowledged in the promotion and documentation of the project
- Sponsored organizations will be required to submit quarterly and year-end reports on fiscally sponsored activities which will include:
- detailed expenses using budget categories submitted in fiscal sponsorship application
- program accomplishments and activities
- plans for future activities
- Any changes in the purpose for which funds are spent must be approved in writing by ROOTS before implementation. ROOTS retains the right , if the sponsored project breaches the fiscal sponsorship agreement, or if a sponsored project jeopardizes ROOTS legal or tax exempt status, to withhold, withdraw or demand immediate return of funds.