ROOTS Week 2019. Photo: Melisa Cardona.
(Para español, favor de desplazarse hacia abajo)
August 4, 2021
Join Alternate ROOTS during the month of August 2021 and receive FREE new membership* or Pay-What-You-Can Membership renewal for one year! Our organization is committed to supporting our members and engaging new members as we continue to build a strong community of artists and cultural organizers.
Membership with Alternate ROOTS includes:
- New general membership will be waived during August 1-August 31, 2021! ($40 value)
- Renewal memberships will be P-W-Y-C (pay what you can) from August 1-August 31, 2021! (from $0 and up).
- Voting and General Members are eligible for the ROOTS grant programs including Artistic Assistance, Partners in Action, the Solidarity Fund, and Partners for Change.
- Membership for 12 months starting from your original renewal date!
- All are welcome to renew within the P-W-Y-C window regardless of actual renewal dates.
- Complete online renewal in the month of August 2020 on the ROOTS website HERE.
For full descriptions of our membership levels, please visit our MEMBER ZONE!
Alternate ROOTS is a regional arts service organization based in the southern United States with 44 years of history. As a member-driven national resource for artists and cultural organizers, we seek to champion social and economic justice and the work of people in our field. To learn more about the organization’s mission, please visit: https://alternateroots.org/about-us/
General Member Benefits
- Receive regular ROOTS publications, including member-specific information.
- May list activities in ROOTS publications and in our Facebook community.
- Receive fee discounts for ROOTS’ programs.
- Post a member profile on ROOTS’ website with the link you receive in your confirmation email.
- When you join Alternate ROOTS, you gain access to apply for grant programs! Please visit https://alternateroots.org/roots-programs/ for more information.
Voting Member Benefits
- May vote at the Annual Business Meeting and at other times when an organizational decision is required from the voting membership
- Receive regular ROOTS publications, including member-specific information
- May list activities in ROOTS publications
- Receive fee discounts for ROOTS’ programs
- Post a member profile on ROOTS website
- In order to qualify broadly to apply for programs and services of Alternate ROOTS, you must be a current general member or voting member. Per grant and program guidelines, additional requirements may apply. Staff may make exceptions to this practice as needed to erve the mission and the strategic plan.
Voting Member Criteria
- Live in the U.S. South (defined as AL, AR, FL, GA, KY, LA, MD, MS, NC, SC, TN, TX, VA, WV, and Washington D.C.)
- Create or present original work that is of, by, for, or together with a community of place, tradition, or spirit.
- Committed to social and economic justice and/or the protection of the natural world.
- Familiarity with Alternate ROOTS. Those who are new to the organization are encouraged to join as General Members.
- Must be voted in by the present voting member during the Annual Business Meeting at ROOTS Week.
For assistance with renewing or applying for new membership please email firstname.lastname@example.org.