ROOTS Week 2015. Photo: Mel Cardona
ROOTS Week 2022
Southern Soil: Nourishing Our ROOTS
Monday, August 1 – Sunday, August 7
Four Ways to Join!
- Monday-Wednesday, August 1-3: participate in Alternate ROOTS’ Annual Business Meeting virtually. Times are staggered to allow for more access:
- Monday, August 1, 5-8pm ET / 4-7pm CT
- Tuesday, August 2, 1-4pm ET / 12-3pm CT
- Wednesday, August 3, 10am-1pm ET/ 9am-12pm CT
- Friday-Sunday, August 5-7: attend one of three small, regional gatherings in Norfolk, VA, Atlanta, GA, and Houston, TX.
- Friday-Sunday, August 5-7: log in to ROOTS Week virtually.
- Monday-Sunday, August 1-7: host your own local Rhizome with area ROOTers
Scroll to the bottom of the page to register!
As we announced in early April, this ROOTS Week we’ll be hosting three small regional gatherings and supporting member-hosted local Rhizomes all alongside a virtual ROOTS Week and Annual Meeting.
This will be a hybrid, cross regional ROOTS Week, unlike any we’ve ever seen in our 45 years. These gatherings will include many of the things that we love about ROOTS Week: art sharing and making, critical and engaging conversations, singing, dancing, and for the first time since 2019 – sharing meals and consensual hugs together face to face. We are so excited to finally gather again to Nourish Our ROOTS!
To help support our planning, ROOTS Week Registration will take place over two phases: Save Your Spot Registration in early June followed by Real Deal Registration at the end of June/early July. Here’s how it will work:
- Step One: Save Your Spot Registration opens Monday, June 6 at 11 am ET / 10 am CT for a five day, Members Only period from June 6-10.
- IF spots are available after June 10, Save Your Spot Registration will open to everyone on Tuesday, June 14 at 11 am ET / 10 am CT.
- Step Two: Real Deal Registration opens at the end of June/early July. Everyone who signed up during Save Your Spot Registration will have five days to fully register and Pay What You Can for your tickets.
- We will send lots of reminders during Real Deal Registration to make sure everyone who signed up during Save Your Spot completes this second step.
- After those five days, we’ll open up any remaining spots to our full list.
We do need to say up front: spots are limited to 40 tickets for each of the regional gatherings. We anticipate that they could all sell out – and sell out fast!
Which is why we’re also offering a virtual ROOTS Week and Business Meeting as well as inviting members to host their own local ROOTS Week Rhizome events. Everyone who registers for a regional gathering or virtual ROOTS Week is automatically registered for (and highly encouraged to attend!) our Annual Business Meeting.
Closer to the event, we’ll be sharing our COVID safety protocols, informed by CDC and local guidelines, to help us all minimize risks before, during, and after gatherings.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to Save Your Spot at a Regional Gathering?
- Click HERE to Save Your Spot at ROOTS Week: Norfolk, VA
- Click HERE to Save Your Spot at ROOTS Week: Atlanta, GA
- Click HERE to Save Your Spot at ROOTS Week: Houston, TX
Please only Save Your Spot at ONE of the regional gatherings. Everyone who registers for a regional event is automatically registered for (and encouraged to attend!) our Annual Business Meeting.
Planning to join us virtually?
- Click HERE to Save Your Spot for Virtual ROOTS Week and Annual Business Meeting.
[For ROOTS Members Only]: Want to host a ROOTS Week Rhizome for area ROOTers?
- Click HERE to fill out the Rhizome host application.
The deadline to apply to host a ROOTS Week Rhizome is Friday, July 8. Rhizome hosts will receive a stipend for costs associated with the events. ROOTS will support one Rhizome per area; multiple requests from the same area will be encouraged to host one Rhizome together.
Please note: you CAN’T attend a regional event AND host a ROOTS Week Rhizome, but you CAN attend the virtual event and host a Rhizome.