Share your photos on the ROOTS Image Archive on Flickr. With over 2,000 files, it’s the most comprehensive digital record of our work together — and we want to keep it growing!
HERE’S HOW YOU CAN HELP (see screenshots below):
- Sign in at www.Flickr.com User: firstname.lastname@example.org PW: 1976Highlander
- UPLOAD photos, images or video
- TITLE images Please use this structure:
Content_MMYY_PhotogInitials_#inSequence Example: EMCArtsRetreat_0514_ST1
- Add a DESCRIPTION
- ADD TAGS State, Issue Area, Activity type, People #ROOTSWeek2014
- If you also have your own Flickr account, add yourself in ADD PEOPLE
- Make an ALBUM if you upload a batch
- Set the OWNER SETTINGS & VISIBILTY Choose the “License” setting you prefer Choose the “Privacy” settings (public/private)
- You can load batches of images at the same time.
- “PUBLIC” visibility will automatically show up on the ROOTS Website Gallery and the Flickr photostream.
- Flickr has a smartphone app! You can take photos on your phone and load them up right away.
- You can load up high resolution versions of images, it auto-saves all the different sizes.
- You can upload watermarked photos for public view if you want. But, PLEASE also upload a private version without a watermark so we can feature in publications and on the ROOTS Website.
- Not sure if you want restrictions or what kind? Check out the Creative Commons for some great ways to share your work without giving it all away: creativecommons.org/about