General Members are encouraged to be active in ROOTS programs and Work Groups at whatever level they choose. General Members have the same benefits as Voting Members, except that General Members do not play a formal governance role in the organization.
General Member Responsibilities
- Maintain a current member profile on the Alternate ROOTS website.
- Pay annual dues of $40/year due on the anniversary of your membership application.
- Actively participate in the work of the organization through Work Groups, regional organizing activities, and/or the Annual Business Meeting.
- General Members are also encouraged to support and strengthen the ROOTS network by serving as a liaison between ROOTS and compatible organizations, supporting the work of other members, sharing information and resources within the network, recruiting potential new members, and listing affiliation with ROOTS in your artist materials.
General Member Benefits
- Receive regular ROOTS publications, including member specific information.
- May list activities in ROOTS Member News.
- Receive fee discounts for selected ROOTS programs.
- Receive exclusive access to ROOTS Week admission during members only registration period.
- Post a member profile on ROOTS website.
- In order to qualify broadly to apply for programs and services of Alternate ROOTS, you must be a current General Member or Voting Member. Per grant and program guidelines, additional requirements may apply. Staff may make exceptions to this practice as needed to serve the mission and the strategic plan.
General Member Criteria
- Create or present original work that is of, by, for, or together with a community of place, tradition, or spirit, and be committed to social and economic justice and/or the protection of the natural world.