Alternate ROOTS recognizes the importance and value of organizing groups of individuals around a common purpose and shared goals. Organizations — human structures for working together — are essential elements for community making. The companies, ensembles, co-operatives, community centers, and other organizational structures that ROOTS members engage in are themselves potential allies. Recognizing these organizations as ROOTS Member Organizations acknowledges an aspect of our collective strength.
Organizational Member Responsibilities
- Maintain a current organization profile on the Alternate ROOTS website.
- Pay annual dues of $40/year due on the anniversary of your membership application.
Organizational Member Benefits
- Receive regular ROOTS publications (main contact person).
- Up to two listings in ROOTS publications (main contact person).
- Post an Organizational Member profile on ROOTS website.
- Note that organizational membership does not convey membership benefits to individuals.
- In order to qualify broadly to apply for many programs and services of Alternate ROOTS, you must be a current General Member or Voting Member. Organizational membership does not qualify for Artistic Assistance and Partners in Action as of March 2018. Applicants should review all grant and program guidelines, as additional requirements may apply.
- Attend annual ROOTS Organizational Member digital summit.
- Hold a quarter page ad/announcement/ information in one printed event program book of ROOTS each year. (Printed in black and white. Ad/announcement/information must be received by deadline.)
Organizational Member Criteria
- The organization’s values are in alignment with and support of ROOTS’ mission. The organization may create or present original work that is of, by, for, or together with a community of place, tradition, or spirit and/or should be committed to social and economic justice and/or the protection of the natural world.