The Urgency of Now by Karla Rosas and Fernando Lopez, created for ROOTS Week 2020, featuring C. Gypsi Lewis. Click here to read the artists statement on our blog.
ROOTS WEEK 2020 TECH SUPPORT TEAM
Join the ROOTS Week 2020 Tech Support Team! We’re looking for a small group of individuals to help support the back end of Virtual ROOTS Week 2020. Folks joining the ROOTS Week Tech Support Team do not have to necessarily be technology experts, but rather tech-savvy or technically inclined, open, and able to pick up on new tech skills quickly.
Tasks will include:
- Supporting Technical Directors, Session Leaders and other Tech Support Team Members during ROOTS Week Sessions
- Monitoring chat/message boards during ROOTS Week Sessions
- Helping to monitor virtual security and safety during ROOTS Week Sessions.
- Monitoring Virtual Help Desk emails, phone, zoom, and all other communications
- Assisting Members and Session Participants in accessing ROOTS Week Sessions, navigating Zoom, as well as other virtual platforms and technology utilized throughout ROOTS Week
- Familiarity with Zoom and other virtual gathering tools/platforms.
- Comfort troubleshooting individually and communicating clearly with others, especially those who may become frustrated or upset. Previous experience with customer service suggested.
- Must be available for (1) Orientation meeting (2) Training Sessions and Staff up to (5) two to four hour sessions throughout ROOTS Week
- Access to a computer and reliable internet service strongly preferred, not required
- Priority will be given to current ROOTS Members and previous members. Folks interested in becoming a ROOTS Member are strongly encouraged to apply.
The ROOTS Week Content Developer will work closely with Alternate ROOTS’ Communications Coordinator & Word Smith to support ROOTS Week copywriting, proofreading, and social media content development leading up to and throughout ROOTS Week and other programs as needed. They will also help to support our Language Justice work by translating short amounts of copy, like social media posts and web updates. (We are working with a Language Justice collective for the big translation jobs.) The person who fills this role will be fluent in English and Spanish, a strong writer, proofreader, and social media content developer, and able to work well within deadlines. They will work up to ten hours a week from early/mid-August mid-September and up to 15-20 hrs/ week during ROOTS Week. ROOTS member strongly preferred.
The ROOTS Week Web Whisperer will work closely with Alternate ROOTS Platforms Whisperer and Visual Story Alchemist to support all things ROOTS Week web development. They will build and update ROOTS Week pages on ROOTS’ WordPress website, develop and send eblasts via MailChimp, and support Eventbrite development when needed. This person will be familiar with all these platforms, have strong attention to detail and deadlines. They will work 15-20 hours per week from mid-August to mid-September, and 10-15 hours per week during ROOTS Week. ROOTS member preferred.
To apply, please send your resume and brief statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, city, state, and job title you are interested in applying for in the subject line.