ROOTS Week 2023: A Time to Connect
Tuesday, August 8 – Sunday, August 13
Lutheridge Conference Center, Arden, NC
What’s the Annual Business Meeting?
In addition to everything that happens at ROOTS Week, it is also when we hold our Annual Business Meeting. The Annual Business Meeting features ROOTS staff and Executive Committee (ExComm) presentations, community deliberations, and planning for the future as we clarify our vision. It is when we vote on the next ExComm slate and anyone who is coming forward to join as a Voting Member.
This Year’s Meeting is Hybrid
This year we will be hosting a hybrid (in person and virtual) Annual Business Meeting. If you won’t be attending ROOTS Week in person, you can still join the Annual Business Meeting virtually by registering HERE. We hope you will! The Annual Business Meeting is a great way to learn about how ROOTS’ organizes itself as a member-led, artist-driven coalition of artist activists.
What’s the Schedule?
- Wednesday, August 9, 9am-12pm ET: Introduce 2022 Annual Business Meeting Minutes; Staff, Finance & ExComm Reports
- Thursday, August 10, 7pm-9pm ET: Discussion of identified policies needed for the organization; Approve 2022 Meeting Minutes
- Friday, August 11, 3pm-6pm ET: Recommendations from the BUILD process*
- Saturday, August 10, 9am-12pm ET: Voting on Pending Voting Members & ExComm Slate**
*ONLY in-person attendees will vote during the Annual Business Meeting. Virtual meeting attendees are welcome to Zoom in during votes, but will NOT be able to vote or come forward for voting membership. We encourage ALL voting members who are attending the Annual Business Meeting virtually to vote on the proposed ExComm Slate during early online voting, which closes Sunday, August 6.
Any Other Info I Need to Participate Fully?
If you are a Voting Member: please check this list of Current Voting Members to make sure you are on it.
- If you are NOT on it, it means you need to renew your membership.
- If you ARE on it, but your renewal day is coming up, you also need to renew your membership. Thanks!
We’ve compiled the following list of documents which will be useful as you participate in the Annual Business Meeting:
- Alternate ROOTS Mission & History
- Alternate ROOTS Community Agreements
- Alternate ROOTS Principles of Community Engagement
- Alternate ROOTS Core Values
- By-Laws of Alternate ROOTS, Inc.
- Roles and Responsibilities of the Alternate ROOTS Executive Committee
Documents directly referenced in the 2023 Annual Business Meeting agenda
- Alternate ROOTS 2020-2024 Strategic Plan
- 2022 Annual Business Meeting Minutes for Approval
- Alternate ROOTS Staff and Financial Presentation (link will be provided at the meeting)
- Alternate ROOTS Financial Documents – Statements and Budget as of 06.30.23
- Alternate ROOTS Policy and Practices on Harassment and Code of Conduct
- BUILD Recommendations
- List of Current Voting Members
- 2023-24 Proposed ExComm Slate Bios