Nominations for Alternate ROOTS Executive Committee (ExComm) service for 2024-2027 are open now until Friday, March 15, 2024.
Please think about the leaders in your region who are deeply connected to the work of Alternate ROOTS. Take a moment to nominate yourself or someone you think is a committed ROOTS member: a visionary leader ready to learn and inspire. We need a strategically chosen body with the capacities, experiences, and qualities required to guide and lift up the organization to achieve our mission.
With almost one hundred ROOTS voting board members, the ExComm is the body of 9-15 representatives that the voting members elect to offer governance and oversight throughout the year. We are seeking leaders and learners who can commit to two to three years of service and can help us build a balance of skills and perspectives on the overall committee.
Voting members of currently active status can be nominated or self-nominate using THIS FORM. If you choose to nominate someone else, please make sure they agree before completing the application. Once the nominations close on March 15, the ExComm will review applications and propose a slate for an early voting period prior to the Annual Business Meeting.
- Bring diversity across race and ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, class and education, ability, religion, geographic location, age and experience, artistic discipline, community and social justice affiliation, and socioeconomic demographics
- Demonstrate commitment to and involvement with ROOTS and alignment with our mission
- Are willing to share skills and proficiencies for ExComm service
- Articulate connection and commitment to the work of ExComm
- Live in ROOTS’ 14 state + D.C. service area
- Are ROOTS Voting Members with currently active status
We’re looking for Nominees who can fulfill these Roles & Responsibilities:
- Perform oversight: All ExComm members have a responsibility to stay generally informed about the operations of ROOTS
- Exercise fiduciary responsibility: All ExComm members participate in the approval of the annual budget and review the organization’s finances on a quarterly basis
- Hire Executive Director and assess performance: ExComm oversees the hiring process and sets the salary for EDs, as well as evaluates their performance
- Collaborate and Connect: ExComm members work together to build a collegial working relationship that contributes to consensus
We’re looking for Nominees who can meet these Service Requirements whenever possible:
- Attend at least one 2-hour virtual ExComm meeting per month
- Participate in quarterly weekend retreats
- Help facilitate the annual business meeting at ROOTS Week
- Allocate additional hours to review materials and participate in different committees, task forces, and work groups.
- Commit to a term of 2-3 years service
If this sounds like you, or a ROOTer that you know, please fill out the nomination form by Friday, March 15, 2024.
Click HERE to view the full ExComm Roles & Responsibilities Infographic.
Click to view the full ExComm Roles & Responsibilities Infographic.