WANTED: ONLINE ORGANIZER FOR SOCIAL-JUSTICE CAMPAIGN
Deadline: Friday, January 23, 2015
Please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Nation Inside is looking for an Online Organizer for a short-term contract (one day a week for 20 weeks) to provide technical support (specifically with Salsa tools: https://www.salsalabs.com/) to an amazing network of grassroots social-justice campaigns. This is an excellent gig for someone wanting to cut their teeth as a social-justice communications team member.
Ideally the candidate will work out of our Austin, TX office, but we are flexible if the candidate has a proven track record.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: Nation Inside is a national network of state-based grassroots groups fighting mass incarceration on all fronts—parole reform, sentencing reform, ban-the-box, prison privatization, and other issues. Nation Inside provides its 38 partner campaigns with (1) training in how to communicate, (2) use of a powerful online platform (www.nationinside.org) to share media, recruit supporters and communicate with their members, and (3) annual gatherings of partner campaign managers. The online platform is a central part of our work.
ABOUT THE POSITION: Nation Inside is searching for a motivated individual to provide technical and organizing support to our growing national network of criminal justice campaigns. The person will communicate with partner campaigns, train them in how to use the web platform, develop training materials for campaign managers, and provide ongoing technical assistance and problem-solving.
We are interested in recruiting a candidate who has experience in utilizing the Salsa platform (http://www.salsalabs.com/), experience with training grassroots organizers, and a track-record of managing online organizing campaigns.
Skills and qualities required:
• Excellent phone and communication skills – you will be working directly with our managers of our partner campaigns.
• Ability to develop and facilitate easy to follow verbal and written training.
• Knowledge of database management, ideally the Salsa platform.
• Knowledge and experience using an online advocacy platform, such as Salsa Labs, Blue State Digital, or Nation Building. (We would consider someone who does not have experience in one of these platforms, but who is a proven fast-learner.)
• Basic writing, data management and HTML and graphic design skills are helpful.
• Passion for social-justice issues.
• Personal initiative, a self-starter attitude.
Applications should include:
• A brief cover letter stating the reason you’d like to work with Nation Inside. (Please take a look at www.nationinside.org to get more familiar with our work.)
• Resume highlighting your past experiences, especially as they relate to online advocacy and social justice.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and resume.
Application deadline is Friday, January 23, 2015.
Nation Inside is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employs without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, handicap or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We are interested in having a diverse staff that reflects the communities we work with.