Alternate ROOTS seeks a dynamic and visionary Visual Arts Coordinator for ROOTS Week. Thanks to continued support from the Joan Mitchell Foundation, ROOTS is able to dedicate time and energy to the cultivation of service to its visual arts members and potential members through ROOTS Week and beyond.
The successful candidate should be primarily a Visual Artist by discipline, and will be responsible for the following:
- Report directly to Programs Manager and work closely with Administrative Visual Arts Coordinator, Visual Arts Innovation Ensemble and Programs Team
- Participate in the process for visual arts solicitation and scholarship process
- Participate in and help facilitate one visual artists retreat to take place in May 2015
- Work with Programs Team staff to develop ROOTS Week visual arts solicitation, selection, schedule and programming
- Attend ROOTS Week in Arden, NC August 3 – 9, 2015 and facilitate safe and respectful installation and de-installation of visual arts work in careful communication with the artist, ROOTS staff, and Lutheridge. Agrees to institute green practices in the planning and execution of visual arts activities.
- At ROOTS Week, assure that the related needs of all visual arts scholarship recipients are met, run the visual arts schedule
- Emphasize the ROOTS mission and how this new emphasis in our programming relates to our mission and help other leadership team members understand the specific needs of visual artists
- Ensure that visual arts work is not kept in silos or presented as separate from the greater work of the organization
Compensation and Benefits
$1,000 Stipend and registration, travel and accommodations for ROOTS Week.
March 2, 2015
Application Open Period
February 3, 2015 – February 17, 2015
Please submit resume, cover letter and one letter of recommendation by 5:00 pm on Tuesday, February 17, 2015.
Questions: Call 404-577-1079 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.