Check out this interview on ROOTS’ Chrysalis month with our Executive Director, Michelle Ramos, published by La Piana Consulting.
December 15, 2022
What does chrysalis mean to you?
These are all concepts we are meditating on as we enter into ROOTS’ Chrysalis month.
As we announced in October, we’ll be taking January to center care, tend to our growth, and make space for long term strategy and vision.
The process of Chrysalis is not an easy one – research shows that the caterpillar’s transformation into a butterfly is actually quite painful – yet, it is necessary for growth into the beautiful creature it is destined to become.
Chrysalis is necessary for us too, as we grow into the more expansive organization we are becoming.
We ask for understanding, patience, and peaceful energy in this season. And we send the same to all of you, our members, partners, and beloved community.
We’re excited to reconnect in February.
- December 17, 2022-February 5, 2023.
- We will return to regular day-to-day operations on Monday, February 6, 2023.
- During Chrysalis, the ROOTS office will be closed, and staff will pause task-oriented work including external communication with members, partners, and collaborators.
- Payments are paused through the close of 2022, but will resume in early January and continue through the Chrysalis. The first payment request of the new year is due Friday, January 6, 2023.
- The Executive Committee (ExComm) is developing opportunities for member connection, which will be held the last two weeks of January. These will be announced via email in early January.
- If you’d like more details about what our staff will be up to during Chrysalis, check out the October Chrysalis announcement.