ROOTS Staff , December 2022.
January 27, 2023
Alternate ROOTS supports the creation and presentation of original art that is rooted in community, place, tradition or spirit. We are a group of artists and cultural organizers based in the US South creating a better world together. As Alternate ROOTS, we call for social and economic justice and are working to dismantle all forms of oppression – everywhere.
We are hiring for three full time positions!
The Communications Manager will provide oversight of the team’s workflow and editorial oversight for all external content. This position ensures that Alternate ROOTS’ communications support and uplift the work of the organization and its membership through consistency and accuracy in articulating its mission. The Communications Manager also supports the operational and financial administration of the Communications team.
The Copywriter & Content Developer is responsible for producing all organizational copy and content as well as managing the social media platforms to consistently articulate and advance the mission of the organization. This position works closely with various staff teams to develop copy and content that accurately reflect ROOTS’ programs, events, and initiatives.
The Development Associate will support the organization’s overall fundraising and development goals. This position assists with the management of the organization’s donor/funder relationship cultivation strategies, leads research, data collection, and analysis, and assists in implementing effective fundraising campaigns.
All three positions are full time, 40 hours per week, exempt positions that are fully remote. In addition to competitive salaries – which are listed on the job postings – total compensation includes:
- A fully remote work environment, with flexibility to meet your schedule
- 2 weeks vacation (to start), 3 floating holidays, 7 wellness days and 3 weeks of office closure days for holidays and end of the year staff reflection
- Monthly office and wellness stipends
- Annual individual professional development funds
- Medical insurance paid at 100% for staff members
- Vision, dental, and other ancillary benefits
- Non-elective 401k contributions (regardless of the employee contribution)
- Paid 6 month sabbatical after 6 years of service
Friday, February 17, 2023
Target Start Date
Late March-Early April 2023
How to Apply
Review the job descriptions, which are posted on Work for Good. Applications will be submitted via a form on ROOTS’ website. Links for both job description and application form are below:
- Review the Communications Manager position HERE – submit your application HERE
- Review the Copywriter & Content Developer position HERE – submit your application HERE
- Review the Development Associate position HERE – submit your application HERE
Alternate ROOTS is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, trans and gender non-conforming individuals, LGBTQ folks, people with disabilities, and progressive visionaries are encouraged to apply.
Alternate ROOTS will not discriminate against any employee or applicant based on race, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sexual harassment, political affiliation, personal appearance, family responsibilities or status as a covered veteran or any other attribute or characteristic protected by law in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
All applications and expressed interest in this position will be handled confidentially.