January 11, 2022 | ROOTS Staff
Alternate ROOTS supports the creation and presentation of original art that is rooted in community, place, tradition, or spirit. We are a group of artists, and cultural organizers based in the U.S. South, creating a better world together. As Alternate ROOTS, we call for social, and economic justice, and are working to dismantle all forms of oppression – everywhere. ROOTS is also committed to the protection of the natural world and addresses these concerns through our programs and services.
The Partnerships Programs Associate will support the Director and Team of Strategic Partnerships by overseeing the program design, administration, and implementation details logistics for Alternate ROOTS Partnerships Programs, community and field engagement opportunities, and Support Programming that bolsters the work. ROOTS’ current Strategic Partnership Programs include Artistic Assistance, Partners in Action, Partners for Change.
Program Design / Administrative Support / Community Engagement
- Co-managed the design, panel, and selection processes with the Director of Strategic Partnerships, including coordinating site visits.
- Support projects and program activities through technical assistance that deepen grantee capacity, create opportunities for learning and skill-building, and foster reciprocal relationships within the ROOTS region.
- Event and travel coordination and logistics support: scheduling meetings and conference calls, taking minutes, filing, and managing program reports. Coordinate logistics for presentations, site visits, workshops, presentations, and professional development opportunities within the ROOTS region.
- Develop rough copy for program activities to be shared across the ROOTS team and community.
- Draft and distribute program contracts and agreements.
- Prepare agendas, memos, documents, and notes for program-related meetings as well as update the ROOTS staff Google calendar with key re-granting programs dates.
- Support Operations Team in preparation and submission of final reports associated with partnership programs.
- Virtually connect with project sites throughout the ROOTS 14-state region and represent the organization at convenings and specified meetings across the country.
- Serve as liaison between Alternate ROOTS and select projects, members, and community partners.
- Work with the Director of Strategic Partnerships to strategically connect grantees and partners to other ROOTS programs including ROOTS Week, ROOTS Weekends, and communications initiatives.
Basic Skills Required
The knowledge, skills, and abilities of the Partnerships Programs Associate include:
- Self-motivated and the ability to work independently without heavy supervision and be self-motivated
- Flexibility to function well in a team structure while working remotely.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills; comfortable speaking in public
- Good writing and documentation skills.
- Experience with Salesforce, Google Suite, and Microsoft Suite, especially Word and Excel.
- Have a strong work ethic; be collaborative, conscientious and detail-oriented
If/when travel conditions are safely permitted, this position typically needs:
- Ability to travel 30% of the time (if/when travel conditions are safely permitted)
- Ability to show a valid driver’s license and willingness to drive on the job (transporting people and meeting materials) as needed if hired (company rental vehicle and insurance provided).
- Familiar with the ROOTS network/ community or southern artists or activists in the US South.
- Experience facilitating, teaching, or building curriculum.
- Experience with Project Management Software.
Alternate ROOTS has a 100% remote office and the team collaborates using a series of digital tools. The Partnerships Programs Associate can work remotely anywhere in the Alternate ROOTS region.
The Partnerships Programs Associate is an exempt, full-time position that will work 40 hours a week, with 8-10 of those hours dedicated to remote collaboration through online platforms with team and community members.
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for the Partnerships Programs Associate is negotiable based on experience, with a range of $40,000-48,000 annually.
Alternate ROOTS officers a full and robust benefits package including:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous personal time off policies, including vacation, sick and holidays
- Retirement plan with an employer contribution
- Monthly office stipend to cover remote working expenses
Friday, January 28, 2022
How to Apply
Please review the Partnerships Programs Associate Job Description and the Alternate ROOTS website.
The application period is now open! Please submit your resume, cover letter, and three references on the form HERE.
Desired Start Date
March 1, 2022
*The Alternate ROOTS 14-state region includes Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, West Virginia, and the District of Columbia.
Alternate ROOTS is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, gender non-conforming individuals, LGBTQ folks, people with disabilities, and progressive visionaries are encouraged to apply.