About the Group:
ClancyWorks Dance Company is an ensemble of contemporary dance artists, based in Washington, DC. We present award winning dance performances and offer high quality arts-in-education programs. Adrienne Clancy, Artistic Director/Founder, creates choreography that features dynamic partnering work and reflects her powerful aesthetic to form trust within a framework of diversity. The company’s outstanding skill lies in its ability to combine physically demanding, powerful movement with the sensitive portrayal of cultural nuances and personal emotions. The Washington Post has described Adrienne Clancy as a “wizard of invention,” and her choreography as “a tour de force of unpredictable partnering.”
- In Back to the Wall, dancers face the wall as an opportunity as opposed to an obstacle and mount the wall in interesting ways, with no harnesses or apparatuses – just strong physical partnering.
- On Taking Steps to Climbing Mountains uses five ladders of graduated-sizes to create windows, doors, and pathways, creating a world in which we would want to participate.
- Webmasters uses Internet connections to pair dancers in two distinct locations together, both physically/virtually via image projection. The dancers explore the wondrous, winsome, lose-some, whirling web of relationships. Love Strings is another version of Webmasters made for the proscenium-stage without the use of Skype.
Fee Structure: *
- One performance: $3,500-$6,500
- 1/2 Week Residency (including at least one activity and one performance): $4,000-$7,000
- Full Week Residency (which typically includes at least 2 performances and activities): $6,000-$9,000
*Plus travel, per diem, and lodging. Price ranges accounts for difference in rep (sets).
Special programs available for:
- Colleges and universities
- Senior Centers
- Immigrant populations
- Audiences with Disabilities