About the Artist:
Jaehn (pronounced “Jane”) Clare is a trained professional theater artist, with more than thirty years experience as an actor, director, producer, playwright, touring artist, teaching artist and arts administrator. She holds a B.A. in Theatre Arts from the University of Minnesota, and an M.A. in Dramatic Literature from the University of Essex. Since 1986, Ms. Clare has been active as a disability awareness educator and trainer, offering disability awareness and inclusion workshops in a variety of community settings. She is currently employed with the Woodruff Arts Center in Atlanta, working as a Professional Learning Teaching Artist with the Alliance Theatre.
- Belle’s on Wheels is an autobiographical performance depicting Clarity Belle’s journey through recovery from a life-altering injury to a new appreciation of her life. This personal piece of theatre addresses cultural myths and stereotypes that have traditionally separated persons with disabilities from the “mainstream.”
- Tail Tell Tale is a one-woman performance … an intimate conversation shared by a woman who claims she “grew into a mermaid.”
Both performances run less than one hour, are appropriate for high school – adult audiences, and involve minimal technical requirements. Presenters must provide a venue which is wheelchair accessible to performer and audience members.
Tour Contact: Jaehn Clare
144 Avery Street
Decatur, GA 30030
- Single performance: $1,250 for one performance
- Multiple performance: $1,000 each
- One day residency: $1,000
- Multiple day residency: $750 per day
- Travel – A mileage fee of $0.55/mile is charged for bookings within GA. Out of state bookings require round trip air travel paid in advance.
- Accommodations – Venues more than three hours’ drive from the performer’s home require an overnight stay.
- Per Diem – A per diem rate of $45 per day applies to all bookings requiring an overnight stay (2 days per diem).
Presenters are responsible for ensuring that the performance space is wheelchair accessible for both the performer and for audience members. Additionally, accessible travel accommodations for the performer are required.
Special programs available for:
- Audiences with Disabilities
- Residencies are custom designed specifically for each client, within the performer’s skill set(s) and capacity.