About the Artist:
The producer of the Kennedy Center’s Millennium Stage calls Elise Witt “a performer to remember with international savvy & personal charm.” Singer, songwriter, educator, and community activist, Elise was born in Switzerland, raised in North Carolina, and since 1977 has made her home in Atlanta. She has been a cultural ambassador to South Africa, Italy, Nicaragua, Switzerland, Yugoslavia, and China. Elise has 11 recordings on EMWorld Records and recently premiered the Elise Witt Choral Series. Elise has earned a reputation as a masterful educator, working with elementary schools through universities, and with professional ensembles and community groups, transforming any group into an Impromptu Glorious Chorus.
- A Concert of Global, Local & Homemade Songs™: Elise takes audiences on a glorious and rollicking musical journey, visiting lands of gypsy jazz, smoky cabarets, and funky swing, as well as a capella vocalises and poignant ballads. The Raleigh Times says, “Elise’s performance is like a suitcase plastered with stickers from around the world… populated with interesting characters both heroic and comic.” Solo, duo, or with full band.
- Impromptu Glorious Chorus, Vocal Workshop and Community Sing: Bring the community together with Bobby McFerrin style Circle Songs, quirky rounds, food songs, plus Brazilian sambas, Italian rounds, and four-part harmonies from South Africa. For all levels of singers.
- A Musical Trip Around the World for Elementary Schools: Multi-lingual, participatory concert. Students sing in Kiswahili, Spanish, Japanese, French, English, and Sign Language. Residencies incorporate songwriting and improvisation.
- Language is Music is Language for Middle & High School French, Spanish, and German Classes: Get students excited about language through Song. Sound like a native speaker. Fun and engaging musical routes to pronunciation, grammar, and cultural history.
Tour Contact: Elise Witt
PO Box 148
Pine Lake, GA 30072
Fee Structure: *
- Single Performance: $500-$5000*
- Multiple Performances: $350-$4000/ea*
- One-day Residency: $1000-$6500*
- Multiple-Day Residency: $750-$6000/day*
- One-Week Residency: $2500-$10,000*
- Multiple-Week Residency: $2000-$9000/week*
*Prices vary for Solo, Duo, or Full Band and are tailored to needs of Presenter.
*Programs available as Performance, Workshop, or Residency.
*Fees include housing and transportation. Discounts available for housing donated by Presenter.
Special programs available for:
- Colleges and universities
- Senior Centers
- Immigrant populations
- Differently abled populations
Elise sings her song “Peace with Harmony” at the concert for the School of the Americas.
Valise CD – A suitcase of Global, Local & Homemade Songs™
Elise’s 11th recording on EMWorld Records
Open the Window
CD of all original songs by Elise
Title song based on a Georgia Sea Islands Spiritual.