January 21, 2022 | ROOTS Staff
Alternate ROOTS supports the creation and presentation of original art that is rooted in community, place, tradition, or spirit. We are a group of artists, and cultural organizers based in the U.S. South, creating a better world together. As Alternate ROOTS, we call for social, and economic justice, and are working to dismantle all forms of oppression – everywhere. ROOTS is committed to social, and economic justice, and the protection of the natural world, and addresses these concerns through our programs and services.
The Executive Assistant is a full-time position providing administrative support to the Executive Director, Managing Director and the Alternate ROOTS Executive Committee.
- Act as the primary liaison for the Executive Director for email requests, fielding calls, calendaring management, travel coordination, and scheduling needs as requested.
- Support Executive Committee meetings and preparation (gathering staff reports, e-mailing material, coordinating logistics and travel, and attendance at regional meetings as needed, relaying important information back to full staff).
- Support Staff with team administration with communication and coordination of staff wide efforts.
- Book travel as needed for the Executive Director, Executive Committee and others as needed.
- Manage Alternate ROOTS staff Google calendar.
- Manage the ROOTS Zoom accounts, schedule meetings, coordinate access to zoom meetings, and update the Zoom Google calendar.
- Manage Google Suite backend
- Manage the Alternate ROOTS telephone system
- Manage All Staff/org wide documentation (maintaining contact sheets and access documentation)
- Work with the Director of Membership to manage and Track Strategic Plan progress towards goals and task management
- During ROOTS Week /Weekend Events serve as registration staff, working with Membership Team
- Participate in activities as assigned by the organization for professional development.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
- Attentive to detail and ability to multi task across various tasks, teams and departments
- Self driven, ability to self motivate and requiring little supervision
- Adaptability to work both within ROOTS internal culture and externally with the broader national arts and social justice sectors
- Familiarity with Slack, GQueues and Google Suite platforms.
- Ability to work from home/remotely.
- Ability to travel to regional meetings and to ROOTS Week.
- Ability to show a valid driver’s license and willingness to drive on the job (transporting people and meeting materials) as needed (company rental vehicle and insurance provided).
- Familiar with the ROOTS network/community of southern artists and activists in the ROOTS region. (The Alternate ROOTS 14-state region includes Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, West Virginia, and the District of Columbia.)
- Alternate ROOTS has a 100% remote office and the team collaborates using a series of digital tools.
- The position is a maximum of 40 hours a week with 5 hours weekly to be spent working collaboratively with staff members in digital and in-person meetings.
Compensation and Benefits
The salary for the Executive Assistant position is $45,000 annually. Alternate ROOTS officers a full and robust benefits package including:
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Generous personal time off policies, including vacation, sick and holidays
- Flexible scheduling and the ability to work from home
- Retirement plan with an employer contribution
- Monthly office stipend to cover remote working expenses
- Support for personal professional development
Anticipated Start Date
- February 2022
How to Apply
- Please review the Executive Assistant job description and the Alternate ROOTS website.
- The application period is now open. Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, January 28, 2022. Please send PDFs only. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com. All applications for, and inquiries about this position will be handled confidentially.
Alternate ROOTS is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, gender non-conforming individuals, LGBTQ folks, people with disabilities, and progressive visionaries are encouraged to apply.